Friday 18 March 2016

Be Mine by Mary Lynn Cooper



I found this book hard to get into. It had a slow start and just when I was about to give up it got to the point where I couldn’t put it down. Same thing happened when I read Always, my valentine by Mary Lynn Cooper so I knew I needed to stick it out because Mary Lynn wouldn’t disappoint.

What I enjoyed the most with this book was the love triangle and how oblivious Darcy was to the feelings these three men had for her. Her friends all saw it and you the reader could tell but Darcy was blind, she had three men lusting after her and she really didn’t have a clue. The Darcy character doesn’t realize how beautiful she is, not only on the outside but on the inside too and doesn’t see how a man could fall in love with her. Many women can relate to Darcy, feeling unattractive and underestimating how beautiful others see you. She had her heart broken in the past and seems reluctant to let a man in.

Like with Always, my Valentine, I found the ending abrupt, however; we know there is another story coming about Darcy but it doesn’t sound like she gets her happily ever after. I look forward to reading Be mine forever when it’s released and hope Darcy gets her happily ever after and we get a little more about Trish and Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment