Sunday 14 February 2016

Songs of Submission by CD Reiss

There are 9 books in this series and each ending leaves you in suspense for the next book. I was fortunate enough to read this series after the entire series was published and I’m glad for that. I’m not sure how I would have managed to wait between books to find out what happens next.  This series has BDSM aspects to it like Fifty Shades of Grey but this was better. It was a love story between Monica, who is a singer looking to make it big and waitresses at a hotel bar to earn money to pursue her dream of singing, and Jonathan who is a fifth generation billionaire who owns hotels. They met when Monica accidentally spilled his drink all over him and was fired on the spot. After she’s fired by her supervisor she’s asked to go see Jonathan to discuss severance pay. It’s immediate attraction for both of them but Monica isn’t looking for a relationship right now, she wants to focus on her career. Jonathan isn’t looking for a relationship either; he’s still in love with his ex-wife who left him for another man and is trying to get her back. The attraction is so strong between the two of them they can’t resist each other for long and end up having sex together. They end up falling in love with each other but not without heartache.

This series has all the components of a great romance novel; detailed sex scenes, emotional roller-coaster moments, main characters who you can’t help but fall in love with and an incredible love story. CD Reiss has become one of my new favorite authors. From what I’ve read of her books she likes to write about rough sex with a dominant character. I’ve only read 2 series by this author so I can’t comment on the dominant character being male or female. She has other books with Jonathan’s sisters as the main character and it would be neat to see a book about one of his sisters as the dominant character I haven’t seen that done before but I’m sure it’s out there. It was a great series and a definite recommended read for those who like to read romance novels. I can’t wait to read more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment